PROJECT TWENTY1 – NOT JUST A FILM FESTIVAL
|TEAM NEWSLETTER – August 17th, 2010|
We’re posting this online for our Teams in case anyone’s e-mail is bouncing!
It’s been an exciting few weeks thus far on the 21-Day Filmmaking Competition, and though it isn’t quite at an end yet, we thought we’d bring you all up to date on the highlights, and let you know what to do before this Saturday’s due date and Drop Event!
Hopefully most of you are winding down production and working hard on post. Rendering is always a killer for a couple of Teams each year, so make sure you have an edit you can be happy with exported to tape or disc EARLY that you can deliver in the event of the unspeakable!!
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
2) All of your forms, including The PARTICIPANTS AGREEMENT (signed by all Owners of the film), CERTIFICATION FORM , and PROMOTIONAL FORM, and all relevant Cast/Crew, Music, Location, and Materials waivers. U.S.A. download. International filmmakers, please visit forms page. (Film Tip: You might want to hold onto a blank copy of these released for future, non-Project Twenty1 productions as they will save you a ton of headache if and when a big distribution company wants to buy your film!)
Saturday, August 22, 4 pm – 8 pm
North Bowl Lounge & Lanes
909 N. 2nd St (map)
Philadelphia, PA 19123
Attn: 21-Day Competition
1203 W. Elm St.
Norristown, PA 19401
FAQ: Rules Recap
Before you send us your films, keep in mind the following:
1) The Secret Element, “Between the Lines,” MUST be somewhere in the film, even if it’s only implied or referred to offhandedly. BUT the better it is incorporated into the theme, story, or feel of the film, the better chance you have of winning it all!
2) The films MUST be, at their longest, 10:00 minutes EVEN, including credits. We’ve had several calls about this now, and we cannot make exceptions. You’ve got most of a week left, use it and edit, edit, edit until it works! We guarantee you can tell a successful story in under 10 minutes. If you need to expand it later for our Film Library & Festival Partners, that is acceptable, but to be eligible for a Screening, Awards, and Prizes, you MUST meet the time requirements.
3) You must submit to us copies of ALL your Forms, Waivers and Releases needed to ensure you have the rights to everything that appears in your film. We recommend retaining copies for your own reference as well! Ours go into a giant, Raiders-of-the-Lost-Ark-style vault, never to be seen again unless legal issues arise.
4) The film must be on a physical tape or disc medium and in our hands by the deadline in order to qualify for Awards, no exceptions! Do NOT show up at 7:00pm with a laptop displaying a “final edit” on a timeline or a “rendering” progress bar. This is not a completed film!! This happens at least once every year.
We know most of you are in this for the spirit of competition, the thrill of filmmaking, and the promotion you get from being a part of this Competition. But all that is a given… that still doesn’t mean you aren’t thinking about the incentive to win!
The Grand Prize Winner of “Best Film” from our 21-Day Filmmaking Competition will receive a complete software package from Sony Creative Software, consisting of Sony Vegas 9.0, Vegas Pro Production Assistant, and select Sony loop libraries, together valued at $1000! In addition, Glidecam is providing a Glidecam 4000 Pro camera stabilizer! Final Draft is contributing a copy of Final Draft 8 screenwriting software! QuickFilmBudget.com will provide the winner with a free film budget, AND you will also walk home with the coveted Project Twenty1 2010 Trophy! And don’t forget all the promotion, hype and networking contacts that will come with victory! Our winning film is sent to dozens of festivals nationwide FREE of entry fees!
I hear what you’re saying: that’s all well and good for the winner, but what about the other awesome films that make the deadline but miss the Grand Prize by one or two votes? Well, all qualifying Category winners are guaranteed inclusion on Project Twenty1′s Volume 4 DVD “Between the Lines” that gets distributed commercially, as well as being sent to our Festival Partners and Screening Partners around the U.S. These films are also nearly guaranteed to get up on imdb through our submissions to other festivals! In addition, winners of every category will receive a suitable-for-framing Award Certificate.
Thank You All!
Thanks again to all of you who are brave enough to be not only participating, but STILL participating. As you’ve probably realized by now, making a film you can be proud of in 21-Days is not easy! And it is because we know how hard you all work that we work hard for you afterward to make sure the world sees your films.
So good luck!! You have 4 days left. Make them count!