Launch Project Twenty1 in Your Town October 20th!
“A funny thing happens when you tell people that there’s a party…
Everyone shows up, and then it’s a party!”
– Stephanie Yuhas, Writer, Producer & Project Twenty1 co-founder
One of our favorite programs at Project Twenty1 is our annual Launch Event, where filmmakers, animators, actors, musicians, writers, crew, and more come together to launch a 21-Day project.
The event is always free, about 2 hours long, and a great way to connect in person with your creative community on a local level.
For the first time this year, Project Twenty1 is opening its doors to allow the community to run its own launch events, in order to enhance the participation of content creators from around the globe.
All you need to run a public launch event is:
- Permission from the venue
- A Facebook account
- A pack of “My Name is” stickers (optional, but super-helpful!)
- An internet connection (so you can learn “The Secret Element.”)
- At least 1 registered team in your State/Province.
So far, the following areas are available to run a Launch Event:
- New York
- New Jersey
- Toronto, Canada
- Edmonton, Canada
Venues that work for Launch Events:
- Bars, restaurants & bowling alleys that allow all-ages
- Hotels (ballrooms, courtyards – basically any big public space)
- Really big back yards!
If you wish to run a Project Twenty1 Community Launch Event in your area, simply:
- Check to make sure there isn’t a Project Twenty1 Community Launch Event in your area already. If there is, join forces! The more, the merrier.
- Get permission from a venue. We suggest written permission (here’s a release if you need one). In our experience, event staff can turn over quickly. You don’t want to invite 100 people to a restaurant that can’t handle you!
- Create an event on Facebook. Your event should run on October 20, 2019 from about 2:30 pm – 4:30 PM PDT. Project Twenty1’s host (this year, Felicia Day) will announce the secret element at 4:00 p.m. PDT on Project Twenty1’s social media – website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- Send ProjectTwenty1@gmail.com a link to your event so we can make sure everything is set up correctly. We will give you an official header for your event’s page!
- Once approved, invite all of your friends! (and we’ll invite our friends, too. They’re pretty cool.)
- At the event, we suggest setting up a table with stickers so folks can write their names and designations (Filmmaker, Actor, Animator, Crew, Musician, etc.) The stickers are magic – they are the BEST way to make new friends. Here, we made some templates for you if you’d prefer to have the fancy printed ones!
- Questions? Reach out to ProjectTwenty1@gmail.com